Whether your hair is straight, curly, or locked, Bantu Knots are here to give us versatility and style.
Bantu Knots are an easy protective hairstyle, to do at home and you can wear it for up to two weeks. Like many protective hairstyles, Bantu knots are perfect to do on washday. After detangling, washing and moisturising your hair, twist your hair into knots, wear them as an overnight protective hairstyle for a well-behaved afro in the morning or wear them for a few days for more define curls. When you take them out enjoy your curled popping Afro.
In this video, Obakeng of Hair Imperial gives us a detailed step by step method to achieving the Perfect Bantu Knots.
Why Bantu Knots?
- Easy and quick to do
- Great for stretching/curling your hair without using heat.
- This hairstyle is suitable for all hair types and lengths of hair.
- While your hair is tucked in your ends stay protected and that reduces breakage.
- The twisting method of Bantu knots locks moisture in so it is perfect for dry or thinning hair
- Bantu Knots are the perfect hairstyle during the transitioning phase as they hide the line of demarcation.