Don’t let winter dull your shine, keep your skin glowing with these useful tips – whether you are recovering from dry skin or just maintaining healthy skin.
- Moisturise your skin while it is still damp from the shower.
- Switch to a moisturiser formula for dry skin, even if you normally use the normal skin formula. In dry weather, thick a moisturiser with oil is key.
- Did you know? Coconut oil is a great make up remover.
- Getting coconut body oil for winter is a great investment for your skin in winter.
- Avoid matte foundations no matter how oily our skin is.
- Hot showers are heaven in winter, but hot water strips all the natural skin oils released from
the body leaving you with very dry flaky skin. Avoid taking long hot showers.
Recovering from dry flaky skin
- Use baby wash cloth for your face as it is very sensitive, itchy and sore from the dryness.
- Keep drinking water regularly in winter for skin hydration.
- Cold and windy outdoors and dry air contributes to drying the skin more.
- Use a gentle non-foam and fragrance cleanser to keep your skin’s natural oils.
- Pat your skin gently instead of wiping.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to your face cream before bedtime
- For lips mix coconut oil and sugar and apply with our finger tips gently to exfoliate lips
- Apply sunscreen. Aim for SPF 30+
Keep in mind that even if you see your skin oily, don’t avoid moisturising. The oil is just the skin providing its self with natural oils from within, sometimes it excessively produces oil that you feel like you do not need to moisture. It may sound contradictory to moisturise your skin if its oily, but it can actually help your skin get the right balance of oils that will last and protect your skin from dryness.
How do you keep your skin hydrated in winter?