Many women suffer from acne because of different factors like hormonal changes, medication, too much stress, deficiency of vitamins or the sun. The most important factor though is health, the truth is that what happens inside our bodies often shows through the skin, making the skin the sensitive organ. The unpleasant after effects of acne mostly are dark spots or marks. To treat dark marks, try these home-made face mask recipes:
Turmeric, lemon and milk paste
1. Make a thick paste of turmeric, lemon and milk in a bowl.
2. Apply where there are dark marks on clean face.
3. Leave it on for a few minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Warning – turmeric stains clothes and hands.
Aloe vera gel from leaf
1. Extract gel from aloe vera leaf or use.
2. Gently apply and massage on the affected area for 2-3 minutes.
3. Leave it on skin for 15 minutes and rinse it off with luke-warm water/use clean cloth
soaked in warm water to remove the mask.
Buttermilk/milk and tomato juice
1. Take three teaspoons of buttermilk/milk and add fresh tomato juice, mix together
2. Apply on skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
3. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Monitor your product usage and check if the ingredients that are used complement your skin.
- 5 minutes after applying your daily moisturiser apply sunscreen of SPF 15-30 everyday irrespective of how hot the sun is.
- Always wear a hat when you’re out in the sun.
- Wearing sunscreen daily lessens spots from darkening.
- Go for products with vitamin c, niacinamide (vitamin B3), kojic acid dipalmitate and mulberry extract.